GOAL SLOGAN: I SPEAK TRUTHFULLY AND I AM OPEN
SOME THINGS TO THINK ABOUT.
The questions below are designed to help you think about how you can help from home with the skills development programme your child is taking part in.
- Are we examples of honesty?
- What does honesty mean to us: telling the truth or telling the whole truth?
- Does the family atmosphere help everyone (especially the children) to be themselves, with self-confidence and openness? If not, why not?
HOW CAN WE HELP?
The suggestions below show when personal parental involvement is necessary. The aim of the subjects proposed is to demonstrate where you might be able to support your child and help him work on developing this month’s skill.
- By showing through my own actions the coherence between what I say and what I do (principle: acting according to one’s words).
- Establish a rule for everyone in the home: it is best to admit to mistakes than to hide them. The fulfilment of this rule at home must be praised by all family members.
- Being honest, even when we feel uncomfortable telling the truth. If we have to tell others the truth, we should do so diplomatically, and at the right time and place, and judge the facts and not people, so as not to hurt anyone.