GOAL SLOGAN: I DEVOTE TIME TO OTHERS
SOME THINGS TO THINK ABOUT.
The questions below are designed to help you think about how you can help from home with the skills development programme your child is taking part in.
- Do you generously allow others to use your things (when they really need them)?
- Do you set an example by devoting time to listen attentively to others?
- Do you devote the time necessary to each of your children? Do you have personal conversations with them individually on a weekly basis?
HOW CAN WE HELP?
The suggestions below show when personal parental involvement is necessary. The aim of the subjects proposed is to demonstrate where you might be able to support your child and help him work on developing this month’s skill.
- By showing your child how he can be useful: “It would be really helpful if you could do this or that.”
- By making use of daily situations (e.g., minor domestic tasks like housework or shopping) to naturally involve the children in tasks with a certain level of difficulty and which require being responsible and dedicating time to the welfare of the entire family.
- Accept the participation of your children in charity initiatives, together with their classmates (volunteer work, charity campaigns or during the Christmas holidays, etc.)
- Encourage them to help others during the weekends, on afternoons, on holidays, etc. Make suggestions such as helping family members or neighbours in need, taking part in a charity project, signing up for a work camp, etc.